These are very unsettling times now with COVID-19. To keep the community and our staff safe and healthy, the library is closing to the public.
We are looking at ways that we can continue serving the community while the physical library is closed. Here are some programs we’re offering in the final weeks of March:
- Drive-Up/Pick-Up Programs — Families can pull up in the circle drive, call the Children’s Department (956-216-5819) and tell us how many craft packets you need, and we will bring them out to your car.
- Let It Grow: Decorate Pots and Plant Seeds, Friday, March 20.
- Scratch-Off Art, Friday, March 27.
- Art Class: Maria Merian Nature Paintings, March 20. All you need is a set of watercolor paints, a brush, and paper, and you’re all set! A library staff member with a background in art will demonstrate the style, and participants will get to practice on their own.
- Virtual Story Time — The Children’s Department will put story time on Facebook Live.
- Story Time Tuesday, March 24, 10:30 am.
- Pajama Story Time, Wednesday, March 25, 7:00 pm.
- Story Time Tuesday, March 31, 10:30 am.
Our digital resources are also great options as we all try to limit our time outside of the home.
Looking ahead, we will be using all our creative energy to come up with innovative ways to keep our community connected with information, literacy, and each other.
We at the Harlingen Public Library wish you well. These times are not easy, but we will get through them as a community, helping each other along the way.