1. Learn about the Candidates
Political stances with regard to issues are not referenced on this site. More information can be obtained through Web searches or by visiting a particular candidate’s Web page.
2. Register to Vote
- You must register to vote in Texas. You can begin the process to register informally online at votetexas.gov. You can also register in-person or by mail with the Department of Elections Voter Registration for Cameron County. Their office is located on 1050 E. Madison Street, Brownsville, TX. Phone: (956) 544-0809.
- Voter ID is required in Texas. The state accepts 7 forms of I.D. There are exemptions that may apply.
- Forgot if you are registered or not? Find out here.
- Military or currently overseas? Start online with Federal Voting Assistance Program.