A Primary Election is the process by which voters can choose who they prefer as their party’s candidate in an upcoming Local or General Election. We have compiled the nonpartisan guide below to help voters exercise their rights.
1. Learn about the Candidates
This site is nonpartisan and lists the candidates and resources available to the community regarding the election.The list of candidates shown here has been updated to the best of our ability. If any candidate/website is not accurate or shown, please email the Reference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Democratic Candidates (Alphabetical)
Republican Candidates (Alphabetical)
2. Important Dates
February 3 – Last day to register
February 18 – Early voting begins
February 21 – Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received not postmarked)
February 28 – Early voting ends
March 3 – Primary Election
3. Register to Vote
- You must register to vote in Texas. You can begin the process to register informally online at votetexas.gov. You can also register in-person or by mail with the Department of Elections Voter Registration for Cameron County. Their office is located on 1050 E. Madison Street, Brownsville, TX. Phone: (956) 544-0809.
- Voter ID is required in Texas. The state accepts 7 forms of I.D. There are exemptions that may apply.
- Forgot if you are registered or not? Find out here.
- Military or currently overseas? Start online with Federal Voting Assistance Program.