A General Election is the process by which voters can choose which selected candidates from a political body are chosen for office. We have compiled the nonpartisan guide below to help voters exercise their rights.
1. Learn about the Candidates
This site is nonpartisan and lists the candidates and resources available to the community regarding the election.The list of candidates shown here has been updated to the best of our ability. If any candidate/website is not accurate or shown, please email the Reference Department at email@example.com.
View the results from the Primary Election here
2. Important Dates
October 5 – Last day to register to vote
October 19 – Early voting begins
October 23 – Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received not postmarked)
October 30 – Last day of early voting
November 3 – Election Day
3. Register to Vote
- You must register to vote in Texas. You can begin the process to register informally online at votetexas.gov. You can also register in-person or by mail with the Department of Elections Voter Registration for Cameron County. Their office is located on 1050 E. Madison Street, Brownsville, TX. Phone: (956) 544-0809.
- Voter ID is required in Texas. The state accepts 7 forms of I.D. There are exemptions that may apply.
- Forgot if you are registered or not? Find out here.
- Military or currently overseas? Start online with Federal Voting Assistance Program.