The Library has a total of 3 study rooms: 2 upstairs in Nonfiction and 1 downstairs in Reference. These three rooms are available for group study that will accommodate a maximum of eight people each.
Reservations may be made up to one-week in advance by contacting the Reference Desk by phone at (956) 216-5821. Advance reservations are limited to 2 per week. Download a copy of our official policy here.
- The study rooms are not available for the purpose of selling merchandise or services, soliciting for later sales or social events.
- Study rooms for an individual or group are available on a first-come, first-served basis for the general public when a room is available and has not been reserved.
- The Library reserves the right to limit advance reservations due to high demand of study rooms.
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours by an individual or group. If no one is waiting, room usage may be extended. If a room is still available within 15 minutes of the end of your reservation, you may place a new reservation for an additional 2 hours ONLY. Study room usage is limited to four hours per day.
- A study room reservation may be cancelled if the room is not occupied within 30 minutes of the reservation start time. It may also be cancelled if the room is left unattended for 30 minutes. Cancellations are preferred in advance by phone (956) 216-5801.
- Study room users are responsible for any damage in the rooms. The Library’s “Patron Behavior Policy” also applies to the use of the study rooms. The study rooms are not sound proof. Noise and conduct is expected to be kept to a level that will not disrupt persons in the library.
- Food or drinks are not allowed in the study rooms other than water in a closed container.
- The Library is not responsible for accidents, injury, loss, or damage to the private property of individuals or organizations.