Tours and Outreach are free!
Tour and Outreach Request Forms are available at the Children’s Department desk. Tour and outreach requests for schools, day cares, boy/girl scout groups may also be submitted by phone (216-5820) or by e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tours and outreach should be scheduled 30 days in advance.
- Scheduling tours and outreach is dependent on staff availability.
- Group tours are primarily given in the mornings.
- A regular tour generally runs between 30 – 45 minutes and consists of viewing the entire library or requested sections.
- A minimum of 1 chaperone per 10 children is required.
- Summer tours are not guaranteed to be accommodated especially for groups larger than 25 due to the Summer Reading Program schedule.
- Puppet shows, crafts, or stories are available but must be requested in advance for children. Based on group size the extra activities will be held in the Children’s Auditorium or Library Auditorium.