The Harlingen Public Library offers free Wifi to everyone, you don’t need a library card to access it. Ask Staff for information on how to connect to it.
- Due to the health crisis, computers are available to the public for limited use. Computer stations have been turned off to allow for 6 feet of separation between computer users. You may use the computer for one 2-hour session per day. Disinfecting wipes will be available at the service desks.
- You need a library card or E-card to use our computers.
- There is no charge for computer use, see below for printing costs.
- Computers are equipped with Microsoft Office 2013.
- Only 8.5″x11″ sized paper is available for computer prints.
- Computers are unavailable for Public Use 15 minutes before closing.
Our modern copiers can do a variety of tasks:
- Printing via Document Feeder for quickly printing large numbers of copies.
- Printing via Scanner (maximum size 11″x17″).
- Scanning to USB/Flash Drive (saved as PDF or JPG).
- Enlarging or Shrinking documents.
- If printing from copier (copying physical paperwork, not computer prints), you can select from 8.5″x11″, 11″x14″, & 11″x17″ sizes.
- Copiers are unavailable for Public Use 15 minutes before closing.
- No wireless printing available!
Cost of Printing – Computers & Copiers
- Black & White copies are 10 cents a page.
- Color copies are 25 cents a page.
- Coin op machine only takes single dollar bills and silver change (quarters, dimes, & nickels).
- Scanning documents to a USB/Flash Drive is completely free!
Payment must be made at the Circulation desk with cash or check before documents may be faxed.
- Fax services stop 2 hours before closing.
- No international fax transmissions (including Mexico & Canada)
- Local fax transmission charges are:
- Cover sheet (HPL required): $1.50
- $1.00 additional pages
- Long Distance fax transmission charges are:
- Cover sheet (HPL required): $2.00
- $1.50 additional pages